IBM Redbooks are a great learning tool when you want real depth and practical instruction and know-how on technical topics. IBM maintains the IBM Redbooks System i Portal that contains hundreds of Redbooks and smaller RedPieces that you can freely access and download. The general IBM Redbook Portal provides access to all platform Redbooks.
Ihe ITSO(IBM's International Technical Services Organization) has now created their own social networking Redbook sites. So now you can follow the Redbooks on Facebook and Twitter.
To me, twitter makes a lot of sense, since it is more or less an updated RSS feed, but the Twitter page is more of a fan page. And as one post says "Wow, we already have over 100 fans!".
On the System i Rebooks portal website, one of the most popular Redbooks continued to be: Hardware Management Console V7 Handbook
Here are some Interesting statistics from the ITSO Ruby Anniversary Web Page
- Every month over 500,000 IBM Redbooks are downloaded
- Over 100,000 Redpapers are downloaded per month
- 320+ Redbooks materials were published in 2007 - over 400 by year end 2008
- Over 4,800 IBM Redbooks have been published
- Over 1,100 residents participate in the program per year