Connect With Us

Forward this page

Thank you for your interest in spreading the word about iPro Developer. NOTE: We only request your email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail. We do not capture any email address.

Enter multiple addresses on separate lines or separate them with commas.
(Your Name) has forwarded a page to you from iPro Developer
(Your Name) thought you would like to see this page from the iPro Developer web site.
Refresh Type the characters you see in this picture. Type the characters you see in the picture; if you can't read them, submit the form and a new image will be generated. Not case sensitive.  Switch to audio verification.
iPro Forums

Get answers to questions, share tips, and engage with the iPro Community in our Forums.

From the Blogs
Sep 20, 2004
blog

Getting Started   1

Day 1 Checked our current cds. Went to the web site on CD. Knew we were out of date on CDs. Called BP to get refresh at no charge. $30 to expedite, free refresh as we were already an existing customers. Also sent required PTFs to my operator to make sure they can get on before we install. Day 4 Started going back to iSeriesNews and the printed publication and actually READING the articles that George and Phil from IBM have written on WDSc. Day 7 Installed WDSCe client. Started at 11:37 am. Spent a few minutes running through the README files, which I rarely do. I found it was easy to get to the minimum/recommended requiremets sections as the README procewss is a web document instead of a text file. I answered a few calls and walked away from the desk a couple of times so I might have not answered the buttons as often as I could have but the WebSphere install part took until 12:05 and estimated 1.46meg. The next part of the install was for Code/400, VaRPG and iSeries extensions. That part of the install estimated it needed ~500 meg. The second part of the install took until 12:38 to complete. I did not select to install HATS, which was another option. All in all, the install took about 1 hour, but there were no gotchas, no lockups. When finished, I rebooted and was glad to see only one new XP menu option installed. I hate when one install created multiple new menus in XP and you have to figure out which ones are the new ones. I'm not much of a manual reader, I just go! I started the client. The first time it took 1 minute to start up. But, I could quickly see that this was not code/400! On the left side a navigation panel helped me quicly connect to my iServer though I had options to connect to an WinServer, Linus server or iSeries. Nice touch and easy. Day 10 Noticed that I don't have the compile option when I right click on any source. When I click on the Compile menu options, it says Compile->Dummy. I think IBM is trying to t...More

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×